Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Events in NYC

Okay, Labor Day, here I come!


I started off celebrating the weekend this afternoon in East River State Park, a waterfront park in my neighborhood (well, more like a 5-10 minute bike ride from my actual apartment). Definitely a local park I recommend!

And now, for the real festivities:

First, I have to share this tip I got from an UrbanDaddy email: The Queens County Farm Museum is having a Labor Day camp out. For $80, it is a cheap way to "get out of the city" while not actually having to travel far. I don't think it's likely I will actually make it to this, but it does sound pretty awesome!

Next, are these two parties promoted by GBH!


Also, this is happening tonight through Sunday - circus fun in Williamsburg!
(I learned of this from the Nonsense NYC email!)
Cirque This invites you to:

Cirque Off

Live on stage. Circus acts galore. From the hilarious to the beautiful to the
bizarre and all the way back again, and set to the amazing live music of the
Cirque This Band, we are bringing back the Cirque Off festival for a third year,
showcasing the talents of some of the finest emerging and established circus
artists from New York and Beyond. Cirque This sets the stage, while an amazing
roster of unusual and spectacular guests will dazzle you. (Not family friendly
and not for the faint of heart!)

Triskelion Arts Theater

118 North 11th Street, 3rd floor, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
8p; $12
Continues through SUNDAY
lauri@cirquethis.com
cirquethis.com



No comments: