Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Indie/Punk Times

So yesterday night, after a teaching extravaganza of a day, I ended up at the new Knitting Factory, which is now in my neighborhood: Williamsburg, Brooklyn. And the best thing was that it happened to be Moisturizer's last show. (My friend wanted me to come, hearing that Moisturizer was legendary, while I hadn't ever heard buzz on them, except I had happened to catch them at Zebulon the other week!) I didn't even know what show I was going to see when I agreed to check out the Knitting Factory last night. So I just so happened to see Moisturizer twice, and each time was incredible: with their psychedelic/jazz/funk sound, they definitely imbue a certain sense of sexy magic into the evening.

And tonight I am going to see Punk Princess, an off-Broadway show about a blue-blooded Londoner girl who escapes to NYC to make it into the punk scene. Good times.

No comments: