Sunday, April 5, 2009

Double Trouble With Shows: the Presets and Bunny Rabbit

Friday night was the perfect Springtime NYC evening jaunt, with two shows, free pizza, lots of dancing, and a free street poem written just for me. Oh, NYC in the Spring, I love you.

The Presets at Webster Hall this past Friday night actually went on at the given showtime, 8 pm, apparently! My friend and I arrived around 9, to a packed (though fast-moving) line to Webster Hall, and were promptly greeted by the Presets already playing mid-set.



While the Presets were enjoyable, the oppressive heat and crowds of Webster Hall detracted a bit from the show. I found myself fluctuating between thoroughly enjoying their industrial pop sound, the pulsating light show, and the very charismatic audience, to mellowly reflecting on how one's experience of a show's quality so subjectively depends on our own individual states at the time. Of course, the presence of someone in front of me checking his e-mail during the show didn't help matters, either...





Overall, the Presets were a fun time; but it was only setting the stage for the fun of the evening to come. After a stop at the Crocodile Lounge for free pizza, my friend and I proceeded to Glasslands in Williamsburg for another show.


The "Secret Faggot" party at Glasslands featured Bunny Rabbit, a Peaches-esque singer with a
wonderfully fun dance-arty vibe.

No comments: