Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Art After Dark at Guggenheim & The Rub

I have been neglecting my blog lately... and I can't say that it's because I have been insanely busy hopping around the city doing and seeing things. I have just recently returned from a Thanksgiving break in the suburbs of Boston; now, after more than my share of feasting and ample family time, I am back in NYC and ready to jump back into the maze of the city!

I am considering going to Art After Dark: First Fridays at Guggenheim, to enjoy the one-a-month event when the museum is open late and features a music program. This Friday, the Guggenheim (located at
1071 5th Avenue, at 89th Street) features The Rub, a DJ collective from Brooklyn that spins hip-hop, disco, soul, funk, and more. I have a feeling I have danced to their mash-ups before...

So the Art After Dark event at the Guggenheim is from 9 pm-1 am and is $25 for non-members. I also have a feeling I once snuck into one of these events for free, not to give anyone any hints... !

The Rub plays again on Saturday at Southpaw, for free. This event is from 10 pm-4 am, and they recommend you get there early to avoid a long line!

No comments: